Sunday, December 7, 2014

Productive So Far...

I've been doing my best to get some spring cleaning done.  I know.  It's not spring, but I'm running on Bee Light Savings Time, and there's no time like the present.  If you have no idea what Bee Light Savings Time is, catch up on the post I wrote previously - Solving The Problems of the World! 

I missed my spring cleaning this past spring due to the endless amount of work my bees required.  I am trying to get caught up and get a jump on the new year.  So far, I have pulled everything down from the attic and gone through the garage.  Not your typical spring chore, but I had to get the Christmas decorations down anyway.  So, I just pulled it all out of there.  I moved the Christmas decorations to the guest room, and hopefully I'll get them up this coming week.  I also went through every box I hauled down.  I packaged a lot of it up and took it to my favorite donation spot.  In the process I called a couple of hooligans over to go shopping as I was hauling it down.  One of them didn't take a single thing, but the other left with a truck load.

Thanks Willie T.!

I always knew you were good for something.

In the process of cleaning out the garage and attic I realized there was something that needed to be moved to my closet. This prompted a quick closet clean out.  I only went through the clothes that were hanging in there, but I managed to part with about six bags of pretty nice stuff.  Those bags also made it to the donation drop off.

The attic and garage may seem like a random place to start, but there is a method to my madness.  For one thing, there is zero insulation in the attic above the garage.  I don't know why, but I'm going to change that.  I have a lot of DIY projects that need to get done before Christmas.  I want to be warm out there if it decides to get cold on us again.  Plus, on the particular day I made my way into the attic, it was in the seventies.  Not a bad day for such a chore.

I'm also trying to be a little proactive on the coming bee season.  Each season starts with the building of additional equipment.  Well, not each season if you quit expanding.  I have not quit expanding.  For the past three years I have been caught in the peak of the season building equipment.  I have yet to be prepared with what I need ahead of time.

Not 2015!

I want to get all of my wooden ware built by February.  Texas weather is always unpredictable except for January and February.  You can pretty much count on the fact that these are going to be our coldest months.  I mentioned buying a heater for the garage, but the Man in Charge said it would be pointless without some insulation up there.  If there's one thing in life I don't want to be - it's pointless!

I've just resolved myself to the fact that it's going to be another crazy week.  Crazy because I will be all over the place.  I've got to finish my closet, insulate the attic, build a honey warmer, bottle honey, put up the Christmas decorations, go to the dentist, go to the doctor, and don't forget all the usual stuff.  I know there are not a lot of things on this list that may interest you, but I am super excited.  Especially about the honey warmer.  I'll try to post some pictures of the process.  I know you're just dying to see what I'm talking about.

Such is the life of a retired SAHM, empty-nester, do-it-your-selfer, beekeeping, crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment