You know how you get so busy and you completely miss things that matter?
Pull the Truck Over!
(Sorry. There is a funny, inside thing about that. Let's save it for another day, okay?)
Someone very new to me.
Someone that I already like because she gets me.
I know. Crazy. Right?
She understood the photos I posted the other day.
Click HERE for a refresher!
Lives far away.
Sort of funny that a woman in Canada, can look at a series of photos posted in Texas, and then...
Simply comment: great images- love them
Which totally requires a reply: It was an extremely long day. I will post the true events of the day - after the contest. I am excited to see if anyone actually comes up with a story.
She simply replies: i could..we lived on a small family farm with 9 kids for 20 years-meat birds, laying hens, 4 pigs, a calf, 2 horses, huge gardens ...
This new someone. The one that seems to have a handle on what my life could be like. She nominated me for an award. How awesome is that? And, sweet! I am really touched by this. It sort of makes some of this craziness make a little more sense.
The award, you ask? One Lovely Blog Award!
The rules of this award are:
- Thank you, Melanie. This is the sweetest thing anyone has given me in the blogger world. It really means a lot, and it inspires me to keep blogging. I enjoy your blog. You have a very handsome family, and you are inspiring. Thank you for sharing your stories. Find Melanie on her blog: The Mother of Nine
- Share 7 things about myself...
- I find it shocking that people think I am intimidating.
- I like to stir things up - with a really big spoon - sometimes for my own amusement.
- I can not carry a tune in a bucket, and I still like to sing with headphones on.
- My music playlist would leave most of my closest friends scratching their heads.
- I think hair color makes it a little easier to love my children. (I know, sad.)
- I would love to round up all the women in town that do nothing but talk about other women. Then, have them brought to my place for a work day. I just feel like they must not have anything else to do. I can help them with that. I would love to. Really. It would be my pleasure. (Sorry, it's that really big spoon thing.)
- I had my children really young. At times, things were really hard. Now. Standing where I am today. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have a lot of things I want to do with my life, and I still feel young enough to get them done. Watch out!
- Bloggers I love:
- Choosing A Direction
- Prairie Dogs
- Self Binding Retrospect
- Michael, Who Knew?
- Knit, Run, Reap, Eat.
- Rock Rose
- (more to come)