Thursday, February 6, 2014

One Lovely Blog Award

Stop Everything!

You know how you get so busy and you completely miss things that matter?

Pull the Truck Over!  

(Sorry.  There is a funny, inside thing about that.  Let's save it for another day, okay?)

Pay attention! 

Okay?

Someone very new to me.  
Someone that I already like because she gets me.  
I know.  Crazy.  Right?
She understood the photos I posted the other day.
Remember? 
Click HERE for a refresher!  
This someone.  
Lives far away.
Canada Far.
*Yikes!*

Sort of funny that a woman in Canada, can look at a series of photos posted in Texas, and then...  

Simply comment:  great images- love them

Which totally requires a reply:  It was an extremely long day.  I will post the true events of the day - after the contest.  I am excited to see if anyone actually comes up with a story.

She simply replies:  i could..we lived on a small family farm with 9 kids for 20 years-meat birds, laying hens, 4 pigs, a calf, 2 horses, huge gardens ...



This new someone.  The one that seems to have a handle on what my life could be like.  She nominated me for an award.  How awesome is that?  And, sweet!  I am really touched by this.  It sort of makes some of this craziness make a little more sense.  

The award, you ask?  One Lovely Blog Award!





The rules of this award are:


1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers.
4. Notify the nominees.
5. Put the logo of the award on your blog.



  1. Thank you, Melanie.  This is the sweetest thing anyone has given me in the blogger world.  It really means a lot, and it inspires me to keep blogging.  I enjoy your blog.  You have a very handsome family, and you are inspiring.  Thank you for sharing your stories.  Find Melanie on her blog: The Mother of Nine 
  2. Share 7 things about myself...
    1. I find it shocking that people think I am intimidating.
    2. I like to stir things up - with a really big spoon - sometimes for my own amusement.
    3. I can not carry a tune in a bucket, and I still like to sing with headphones on.
    4. My music playlist would leave most of my closest friends scratching their heads.
    5. I think hair color makes it a little easier to love my children.  (I know, sad.)
    6. I would love to round up all the women in town that do nothing but talk about other women.  Then, have them brought to my place for a work day.  I just feel like they must not have anything else to do.  I can help them with that.  I would love to.  Really.  It would be my pleasure.  (Sorry, it's that really big spoon thing.)
    7. I had my children really young.  At times, things were really hard.  Now.  Standing where I am today.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I have a lot of things I want to do with my life, and I still feel young enough to get them done.  Watch out!
  3. Bloggers I love:
  4. Notifying nominees now.
  5. Logo above.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I am SWAMPED with too much to do to play along, but I appreciate so much that you thought of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond honored!!! Thanks so much for including me :) It might be tomorrow until I can do my part but I'm so excited to share the love!!!

    Now I want to check out your other nominees and see what you've been reading :)

    BUT, I'm at work! Now I'll have something to look forward to at my lunch break.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Now I am checking out all the blogs that you recommended!

    ReplyDelete