Monday, December 16, 2013

What does it take to melt ice?

One would think that the temperature just has to rise above 32 degrees and ice would melt.

Nah!

On Sunday, I dealt with even more ice.  Yes, this was exactly one week and three days after the initial event.


As you can see, there is a ray of sunshine here.  It just was not hitting where I needed it to.  I broke up as much as I could with the shovel.  Then, I grabbed the ax again.  This ice was actually blocking the door.  It was over six inches deep up by the foundation.  Once I got the doors open, I had to halter my girl and walk her out.  There was still enough ice to break a leg.  She had been in there so long, I don't think she believed it was true.  She promptly bucked, kicked, stomped, and had a mini-rodeo.  Then, she ran across the creek and went to visit the neighbors.  Two hours later, I got to do this all over again.  Deuce was equally excited, but once his door was open, instead of walking out...he jumped.  He wasn't really sure what that crap was on the ground, and he wasn't taking any chances.

We were well into the 60's today, and there is still ice on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment