Monday, October 14, 2013


I found this shot on Google+ a few weeks ago.  It fits most Monday's perfectly. 
This dog cracks me up the longer that I look at it. 
Most of the time I shield you from the gross, ugliness that can be my life.  I am not going to do that today...
I went to bed.  I had my running clothes ready to go.  I knew I had to go to the Dry Cleaners early before the Man in Charge had to head out.  I should have gone on Saturday, but I was tied up with my Full-Timer.  I also had to drive my Full-Timer to work at 7:30.  I was not sure how any of this was going to work.
I woke up at 4:40 this morning.  I was having a dream about some crazy Dominicans running a retail store to front for their illegal activity.
I have no idea how this got into my brain.  I don't know any Dominicans.  I haven't watched any T.V. or Movies with a like story-line.  I don't run an illegal business that I then need to hide with a retail business.  I know I laid their forever trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with me.  No need to hop out of bed.  The Dry Cleaner is not open at 4:40, and I can't go for a run in the dark.  I went back to sleep.
I woke up at 6:30.  This time, I grabbed the dry cleaning and got the heck out here.  I was shocked/pleased to find that it was raining outside.  I managed to get out to my truck and get everything loaded.  Once I started my vehicle, I realized that my cat must have been sleeping under it.  I locked him out of the barn last night because he was no where to be found.  He normally sleeps in the trailer, but I guess he found the next best place.  Well, when I started the truck, he ran out into the rain.  Being the awesome person that I am, I jumped out of the truck and opened the garage for him.  He promptly ran inside.
The trip to the Dry Cleaners was uneventful.  After making it home, the cat starting scratching at the door.
This is unusual for him.
He was howling and really letting me know he was unhappy.  I let him in the mudroom, and gave him some food.  That seemed to solve his problem. 
Every one else in my world was getting ready to get out of here.  I grabbed some breakfast real quick and was getting ready to leave for the second time today.  It was at this point that I could hear the cat starting to wretch.  Loudly.  I dropped everything and ran to grab him. 
Too late.
He hacked up all of the cat food that he had just eaten.  Plus, parts of an animal that he had for dinner last night. 
Very recognizable parts.
It was at this moment that I started getting a little worried about my Monday. 
I made my next trip out of the house and dropped off my Full-timer.  Then, on my way back in, I swung into the grocery store to grab about 10 things.  I hit the door for the second time today, and it was pouring outside. 
Now faced with a decision.
1.  Wait for the rain to stop and then go for a run?
2.  Skip the run and torture myself on the elliptical?
I can't believe I am saying this, but I really wanted to go for a run.  I also know myself.  I can argue and talk myself out of or into anything.  If I waited, I would end up not going.  I would find a million things to do...other than running.
So, I tortured myself with 30 minutes on the elliptical.  It was the longest 30 minutes.  Why do they put the timer right there in front of you?  I found myself looking everywhere except in front of me.
I just have Day 10 of the butt challenge to get out of the way. 
Then, I can start my day. 
Oddly enough.
I don't feel like the photo at the beginning of this post.
I actually feel pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment