Sunday, October 13, 2013

Here we go...

Okay.  You know I am in the middle of as many challenges as I can possibly sign up for.  I am doing the writing thing.  I am doing the butt thing.  I am doing the food thing.  It is crazy.  Then, on top of all those things, I have other things that I have to do.  Like the creek.  I so hate the creek.  I used to love it, but no more.  I never want to live where there is a creek again.  It is a pain.  I am still not finished cleaning it up.  It seems my arm is only good for one tank of gas on the weed eater.  Then it takes a minimum of three days to recover.

I have other things too.  Like chickens.  They need their barn cleaned.  Like bees.  They have needed a lot of things lately.  Like food.  Some of my hives were really hungry.  They have also needed mite treatments, and one even needed to be moved.  The horses always need things.  I don't even write those chores down on the list any longer.  Cleaning the stalls is the same as cooking dinner for me.  It has to be done.  All of these things take energy.  All of these things can get rather physical.

So.

What do I do?

I start reading a new blog.  New to me blog.  She is cute.  She lives in the Boston area, and she is a runner.  She runs ridiculous distances.  She runs marathons.  She runs for fun.  She started talking about when she first started running, and how she could only run for two minutes without stopping first.  Her goal was to add 30 seconds each time she ran.  Now she runs 26.2 mile marathons in 4 hours.  www.leafparade.com

Crazy.

She writes about other things also.  She has a ton of recipes that fall under the categories of Paleo or Whole30.  She also takes a lot of photos.  It has been fun.  It has been nice to escape into her world.  All this talk of running though...that has me thinking.  I used to run a lot when I was in school.  It was also a time in my life when I felt the most physically fit.  I have also been following a chick on YouTube that is nine-kinds-of-crazy-fit!  She is ripped.  Abs like no body's business.  She is a beast. Very strong. Very fit. 

Guess What?

She credits those abs to food and cardio, and, she would be correct.  I already know this.  Chick runs five miles a day except on weekends.  On weekends, she runs seven.

I don't really like running, but I have always liked the way I feel when I am running.  I have an elliptical, but staring at a wall is no fun for me.  After going through all the arguments in my head.  I came to the only sensible conclusion that I could find.

I bought a pair of running shoes yesterday.

Then, I carefully laid out all of my clothes in the guest bathroom last night.  I wouldn't set an alarm because that would be mean to the Man in Charge, but if I should happen to get up early enough - I would go for a run.

I woke up at 7:30.

I then promptly argued the value of starting anything on a Sunday.  It is a Sunday.  A day of rest.  It is a ridiculous idea.  Then, I went back to sleep.  When I woke up, and I checked my phone.  I have a Bible App on my phone, and I get a daily verse. 

Today...

Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

This is going to be hard to understand for some of you, but I believe the Lord has a plan for my life.  Hard mostly to understand because I don't talk about it.  Some dreams are better kept secret, and this is one of them.  Being fit is only going to help me.  I often drag my feet.  I know the Lord spends a lot of time with his head in his hand.  Shaking it back and forth.  So, as if being scolded as a child, I said my apologies.  Then, I got busy, took care of some things, and went for a run.  The first in a long time.

I was gone 40 minutes.

I only ran for 14 minutes.

I was thrilled that I was able to make it 5 1/2 minutes before I had to walk.

I then picked back up on my butt challenge - Day 9.

I may have to fall out of bed in the morning.

When I do...I already have my clothes ready.

It was the first thing I did when I came home.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment