Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sorry About That!

I know I just ran to get the door, and then 18 days later...I'm back! 

It was a bunch of Girl Scouts.  They were selling Girl Scout cookies.  We have spent the last 18 days discussing the pros and cons of High Fructose Corn Syrup and the increasing concern with gluten intolerance.  Those Girl Scouts are tough!  You gotta' hand it to them.  They really stand firm when it comes to the wholesome goodness of their products.  It has been a heated debate, but I held my ground. 

I am not eating those damn cookies!

Just kidding

For those of you who are new to this blog, sorry.  I am weird.  Just read through the archives and you can find that out for yourself.  I also make things up.  Sometimes I tell the truth.  That is the fun of it.  You have to keep guessing, figuring it out.  This is not meant to be a passive endeavor on your part.  You must participate.  Besides, you should know that I would not make the Girl Scouts cry.  I mean, I'm not mean.  Just weird.

Okay - Back to the point.  What the heck has happened to me?  Where have I been?  What have I been doing?  Why have I dropped you like a bad habit? 

Seriously...none of us drop our bad habits. 
We hang on to them with a death grip for as long as we can.

Not saying that you are my Bad Habit, but I am not letting you go that easily.  If you will cut me some slack and put up with me, I am yours!  Just ask the Man In Charge.  He puts up with a lot of me.  Okay, so back to the point, where have I been?  What is the deal?

I shut down.

I had to reset.

to recharge.

to re-boot.

rewind.

unwind.

something.

Really, it was the weirdest thing.  All I know is that I was going gang busters for the first half of the year and then that was it.  I actually remember sitting at one of my bee meetings in June, and a guy
was sharing his wisdom with the class.  He started explaining that when you are a bee keeper, everything shuts down in the months of March, April, and May.  He went on to explain that no one in your entire world is allowed to get married, get sick, have a baby, die...nothing!  There just is zero time for those types of big events.  Now, as he was explaining these things, I was personally thinking,

"Wow!  That is a little harsh!" 

Surely we can find time to fit the big things into our lives, even if we are bee keepers. 

It is the little things that may get swept under the rug.  Maybe not even swept under the rug, but just allowed to collect in the corner, if you know what I mean. 

I totally think about things differently now! 

For me, the season started in February and ran to the beginning of July.  It only started early because  I failed to plan properly. 

I know, big surprise! 

There were things that I could have done in January or even earlier.  Then, we had a completely weird year and things were hard.  Even for the seasoned professionals, bee keeping was a challenge this spring.  I worked hard for my bees.  I lost sleep for my bees.  I laid in bed, awake at night.  I tried to figure out what I needed to be doing.  What did they need?  Is this right?  Is that wrong?  Will this work?  Then, that was it!

All she wrote.

End of the Story!

Happily Ever After!

They wore me out!

After our harvest in July, I managed to do just the minimum needed to survive. 

And not a single thing more!

I stayed inside.  I stopped socializing with friends.  I barely cooked.  I stopped cleaning.  I only did the laundry as it was needed.  I read books that are totally out of character for me.  I mean I completely shut down.  The only one that was totally on board with everything I did...Flower. 



She loved it.

Curled up in bed or on the couch with a good book and a my dog...awesome!

I know some of you have been worried about me, and I think that's sweet.  No worries.  Just needed some down time, and now, I am back!  I am not sure if I am better than ever, but definitely rested.  The biggest problem I have now...tackling all the work that has stacked up while I have been on vacation.

Ugh!

I need to make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment