Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sisters

I had the pleasure of introducing you to Lola, and I know you were all very excited to meet her.  You know how it is always interesting when you name an animal, and then you actually start using that name?  It can seem a little awkward at first, but then it grows on you and it seems like a perfect fit because they take on the personality of that name. 

Well, what would you do if I told you that Lola has a sister?  They look almost identical, but Lola is definitely the bossier of the two, and the sister is just happy to follow along most of the time.  I say they look almost identical because when I was trying out Lola's new name, I kept thinking, "How am I going to be able to tell these two apart?" 

Once I actually got the camera out it became very clear what the difference is.  It hit me on the head like a hammer falling off a ladder, just see for yourself.

This is Lola,


This is her sister,


So - What is her name going to be?

P.S.
Just in case you are unsure, no, their combs do not flip back and forth.  I had never really looked into this until yesterday, but they stay the way they've grown, and chickens don't really like it when you see if their comb can part to the other side.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Well....so we have a little sister...hmmm......
    The first thing that pops into my pea brain is Inez. Don't know why.....just sounds like a step sister kind of name.

    ReplyDelete