Friday, August 22, 2014

Anyone still listening?

I make no promises. Let's be clear about this right now. I am still in the thick of things around here.  I know I have neglected you horribly.  I actually just read my last real post, and I'm not even sure what I was saying.  I think I wanted to shoot this blog and put it out of it's misery.  Or, maybe I wanted one of you to show up and shoot me and put me out of my misery.  Either way, nobody got shot.  We're all still here.  Alive and Kicking.

Well, alive anyway.

So...

Willie T. - I'm Sorry!  I will try to ramp up the entertainment value on this blog.  You'll be fine.  I'll take care of it.  You're back on my list and I mean the good one for a change.  Just take a deep breath.  It'll be okay.

Hooker Bill - Stop with the cranky pants.  Cheer up.  Keeping checking back on this little blog of mine, and you'll have something to laugh about before you know it.  We both know it'll be me, but I'm okay with that.

I think you two have been suffering from withdrawals or something.

Breath in...
Breath out...

Looking at where I left off and where we are today, there is a lot of in between missing here.  I'm not really sure how or where or what should happen next.  I know we have a lot of topics to cover.


  • Honey Harvest
  • Second Honey Harvest
  • The explosion of our Bee Enterprise
  • The pulling of hair and the "Why?Why?" of it all.
  • The endless hours spent laughing out loud!
  • The new words we've made up as a result of pure exhaustion.
  • The new direction we're taking.
  • Seriously...I could go on forever here.


For now, I'm going to let you in on a huge development in my world...

I am flying solo out here!

I know.

Sit down a moment.

Let the full weight of those words sink in!

All of my help has graduated and moved on in life.  They've left the nest.  They've run for the hills.  They've turned in their Carhart coveralls and work gloves, and hit the road!  My Part-timer has cut her hours drastically with each passing year.  She's only logging about 30 minutes every 365 days.  Now my Full-Timer has turned in her work boots for high heels, and left the dirt roads for the highways in the big city!  We all knew it was coming, and here it is!

I couldn't be more thrilled or happy for both of them!

I want them both to go out in the world, leave more than a few marks, blaze some new trails, live lives they can be proud of, kick some butt, take some names, and get back home for as many visits as they can manage...and I will have gloves waiting and ready when they do.

This has left the Man in Charge and I looking at each other a little differently.  Sort of like we are standing at a new crossroad?  Which way to go?  What do we want to do now?  We may have given each other a high-five, but don't tell.  We don't want them to think we're happy they're gone.  It was more in a celebratory act of accomplishment!  You know, because we actually did it!  

In honor of our accomplishment, I've taken the liberty of picking a new song for the two of us. You know, because every couple needs a song.  It'll be running through my head during the next leg of this crazy  life we're living.  

It's by Cody Johnson.  He's an up-and-comer in the Texas music scene.  I just saw him in concert.  He's a little guy with a big voice and a very electric stage presence.

So here you go Willie T. - a new song for you to listen to.

While this one belongs to us, the Man in Charge and I would like to invite all of you to tag along for the ride.

The roads may be long and dusty, but we'll do everything we can to have more than a little fun!






Also check us out on Facebook and Twitter.  I am going to make an attempt to be more active on those sites.  Click the links below to Like us on Facebook and follow along on Twitter.

facebook.com/crossrdfarm

twitter.com/crossroadfarm



1 comment:

  1. Love that you chose a new song!!! And the high-five? Awesome!!! Enjoy this new chapter and please please write the 'new words we've made up' post!!!!

    ReplyDelete