Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I think I am in LOVE.

Okay.  Enough with the ice.  It is still there, but I am tired of talking about it.  It is so there, that last night they showed the ice pack visible on satellite.  I'm sorry, but that is just crazy.  Guess where it is the thickest.  Go ahead.  Guess.

Stupid.

Instead, let's talk about something amazing.  A few weeks ago I cooked dinner and mistakenly ate a rather odd sweet potato.  I say mistakenly because it was very different from the other ones that I had purchased.  I must have grabbed it by mistake.  I was, however, pleasantly surprised to find that the inside was yellow and the most creamy, sweet, amazing thing I have tasted in long time. 

Well, I have kept an eye out for odd sweet potatoes ever since. 

Yesterday was the day. 

Yesterday, I found them.

 
 
I grabbed a couple of these little babies on my morning outing yesterday.  When I finally made it back in, I grabbed a couple of grass-fed steaks from the freezer and let them thaw.  Then I proceeded to get these little ones ready for the oven.  For me, this has become super easy.  I washed them.  Then, I slathered them up with some coconut oil. 
 
My Favorite Brand....62% MCTs!
 
Yes, slathered is the correct terminology.
 
I then placed them on a baking sheet, and baked them at 450 degrees for about an hour (unwrapped).  At the end, I had a nicely cooked steak and a nicely cooked potato.  I pealed it, chopped it up a little, added a little butter, salt and pepper, and life was good.  These little beauties were so good that when my Full-Timer finally paused to take a bite of hers, she completely stopped talking.  As you can see, these babies were grown in the U.S.A.  That makes me want to do a little investigating.  I may want to give it a whirl in 2014.
 
I am not even kidding.
 
These things are so good!
 
You have to try one!
 
Or two.
 
Or more.
 
I already went back and bought some more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment