Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I HATE Cancer!

Cancer Sucks!  It is awful.  It destroys families.  It destroys people's lives.  It takes loved one's away.  It sucks the life out of those it inhabits.  It does it's best to destroy and maim those in it's path.  The one's that survive it are left weak, trying to rebuild their health.  All the while, they worry it may come back again.

The number of people I have personally lost is ridiculous.  I know I joke about being old, but I am only 43.  Yes, there are days that I feel old as hell, but I am not old enough to have lost the number of people that I have lost!

The number of people still battling cancer - people that I personally know - way too many!

The number of people that have won their battle - slim.

I just lost an uncle to cancer.  Bless him.  It wasn't much of a battle.  By the time he was diagnosed to the time he left this world - a couple of weeks.

Not Fair!

Today, I awoke to the loss of someone else in my life.  A dear friend that has been in the trenches of his own war for more than a few months.  While he tried, he didn't really stand a chance.  Literally, the cancer was in his bones and he went from a walking, fully functional person one day - to a hospital bed the next day.  I am serious, within 24 hours!

Not Fair!

So - Blogging World - I am in a foul mood today.  I am sad.  I am depressed.  I am looking around at the carnage that this one word causes and I am pissed!  I don't know any other way to say it.  Do you know that there have been tests done that show that cancer loves to feed on sugar?  Have you heard of any of that?  No.  You haven't.  You know why?  Limiting sugar does not make people millions of dollars.  Am I naive enough to think that sugar is the single cause of cancer?  No.  It would just be nice if someone started to share the benefits of nutrition on your health.  Everything starts there.

Cut out Sugar!

Reduce all carbs!

Eat healthy Fat!

Eat healthy proteins!

If it comes from a drive-thru, and it only costs a buck, probably not a good choice.

Cancer costs millions, and ultimately lives.

Is nutrition the answer for everything.  No.  But it is the starting point.  Then, if you do get blasted with a health issue, you may at least have a fighting chance.  And, yes. I realize that I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.  Sure.  We are all going to die. 

Doesn't it just make sense to feel as good as you possibly can right up to the last second?

No comments:

Post a Comment