Sunday, November 17, 2013

Heat Wave!

The weather is awesome!  It was hot all summer long.  I thought I was going to die.  To the point that I decided that if it was over 90 degrees outside, I was not going to participate.  While this kept me cool, it made a ton of outside chores stack up.  They are still back logged.  I will get to them.  They are on the list. 

Then, we have this super cold shot of air.  It was awesome!  I drug my Carhart bib overalls out of the closet and went to work. 

Super loving it.

Today - HOT! 

So hot that when I went for my run, I thought I was going to pass out.  It did not help that I ate my fair share of junk yesterday.  That always weighs me down.  Add to that the fact that it is a steamy 80+ degrees outside, and you get a very unproductive run.

It was sad.

Very sad.

This is the first day, since I started running, that I have not improved upon my previous times.  I really thought that I was going to throw up.  Not to mention, I would have paid $100 for a bottle of water at the half way point.  Literally, I was looking around for a place to possibly stash water for future consumption.

I could sit here and pout about my lack of progress.  Instead, I think I will just chalk it up to a good lesson learned.  Your body is only as good as what you put in it.  You can consume junk and live a sedentary life and it will sneak up on you so slowly that you won't even notice.  On the other hand, if you try to be a little more active, you will definitely know when your body takes a hit from poor choices.  I also learned that you can probably get away with a few more things if the weather is cooler. 

When you factor in the heat...not going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment