Friday, October 18, 2013

WAY TO GO!

Just confirmed some awesome information!

Last year - 2012 - we harvested 70 pounds of honey.

Totally cool!

This year - 2013 - I was estimating that we harvested about 180 pounds.

I say estimating because we harvested into 5 gallon buckets and were guessing the weight of each.

I have bottled all of my honey for this year - I have also sold it all - I just got the final tally.

183 Pounds 2 Ounces!!!

I could probably scrape up enough to make that last 2 ounces turn into another pound, but I am not going to do that.  I still have all of my wax cappings that were cut off and they are in large gallon size bags full of honey & wax. 

Just have not gotten there yet.

More to the point, it is final! 

One Hundred and Eighty Three stinkin' pounds of honey!

Not bad for a newbie.

Already thinking about next year.  If we make it through winter, we have some advantages going into 2014.

Way to go, Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment