Sunday, September 15, 2013

Day #15

Thought I would try to report in a little early today.  I don't want any of you worrying that I may have tripped and fallen over a bale of hay last night.  You know, left for dead until this morning because it would have taken that long before anyone missed me. 

No worries.

Billy the Kid and I managed to get things moved around and unloaded out there.  I did see one small mouse, and he scared the crap out of me.  I know I jumped.  Which is sort of silly, but I was a little on edge.  I looked around for Kid, but he was busy having a moment with a bale of straw. 

What do I mean by that?

Literally, having a moment.  He worked that bale of straw over for quite a long time.  It was sort of weird, but he was purring and rubbing his cheek along the straw.  Then he would flip around, purring and rubbing the other side.  That straw is pretty prickly,  and I guess it felt as good as any scratching I could give him.  He was focused on that straw for about a half an hour.

The mouse lives another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment