Monday, September 9, 2013

Challenge Day #9

Would you ever want to run for public office? Why or why not?

No.  No.  No.

My Grandmother always said, "There are two things you should never mess with...people's money and people's children."

Well, she never actually said that, but if she thought about it long enough, she would have.  I did hear that somewhere, but I don't remember where.  I believe it though.  I got involved with a few projects during our school years, and people get funny about their kids.  Especially if you have high expectations for them, and you tend to hold their feet to the fire.  It still amazes me the number of parents that don't mean what they say.  It is so important in a young individuals life to get a good grasp of that concept, but there are so many that are missing that boat.

Sorry.

I'll get off my soap box.

I realize there is a need for politics.  I respect people that open themselves up to the scrutiny involved in the job.  I am just not one of them.  Again, outspoken and confrontational.  Politics require that you win over the majority.  I am not good at saying what people want to hear if it is not what I believe.  I am not good at giving vague answers.  I am certainly not good at the lies.

I know there are good politicians in the world, but I also know there are a large number that are very corrupt.  I can not play that game.  I also can not keep my mouth shut when faced with said corruption.  Even in a small town, the political game is played everyday.  The bigger difference is that most people are more aware of it.  I have been shocked at the number of people in the political arena, in a small town, that make decisions for the sole benefit of themselves.  I make decisions in the political arena with my vote.  Then I let the-powers-that-be, hash out the rest.  The benefit of the small town, keeping secrets is very hard.

I prefer to run my own home.  Where it is not a democracy.  There is no vote.  The Man in Charge and myself make the decisions for our family based on what we think is best, and until you are off the payroll, that is just the way things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment