Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In the News

You may have read a recent post that I wrote called Enquiring Minds

If not, stop what you are doing and read it now. 

It is life changing!

Not really.

In that post I recommended a food documentary called Food, Inc.  If you are even remotely interested in what you eat, achieving better health, or losing weight, you must watch it.

I expect an in-depth research paper on my desk by the end of the week!

Not really.

But, if you've seen it, and you have something to say, send it and I will put it up.

There are other movies available and a wealth of information on the Internet, but this is a great overview of what is going on in the food industry.  It will at least give you a starting point for research. 

I have watched this movie, plus another documentary called King Corn, and what an eye opener.  My new fascination is with corn, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, corn in our animal feeds, the varying degrees of corn that are fed in the cattle industry, etc.  It is my new hobby and past-time to find ways to free myself, and my family of corn.

Exhausting.

It has sparked a lot of questions concerning High Fructose Corn Syrup.

1.  How's it made?
2.  Is it natural?
3.  What makes it different than sugar?
4.  Is it making us fat?
5.  What doesn't have it listed as an ingredient? (Take your glasses to the grocery store.)

I found an interesting article that explained some of the answers to the above questions in a way that I could understand it.

Here it is...Princeton University - A Sweet Problem

No comments:

Post a Comment