Tuesday, October 20, 2015

New look.

You may be noticing some changes on this site.  I had a melt-down this past weekend and in the process of my melt-down, I tackled my blog.  I mean literally a full on hit.  I stripped it down to nothing, leaving only the content.  I am going to rebuild it slowly. I'm not even sure what this means exactly.  I just know I needed to take it to its simplest form.

I really long for simple.

Life is hard.  It is confusing.  It is too complicated.  It can get depressing.  It can get cluttered.  When this happens...best to strip it back to nothing and completely start over.  The only thing constant in this world is change.  Change is good.  As I worked on this project, I kept looking at my farm name.  Maybe it was my mood?  Not really sure, but I considered changing it.  Not all of it.  Just that little tag line at the bottom.  For some reason it was really annoying me. 

 
Sometimes you reach a point, then have to choose a direction.  This line played over and over in my head.  You don't stand at the CrossRoad of life just once.  It happens over and over.  I seriously almost changed it to, "Sometimes you reach a point, then What the heck now?"   I mean, enough already!  There are just days when you don't want to be an adult.  You don't want to make the decisions.  Remember when you were a kid and you hated the fact your mom always told you what to do?  Where are those days?  Then this morning, over my morning coffee, my Canadian Blogger friend wrote a post on writing.  (You can find Alanna here.)  She wrote "Slumps make you humble!"
 
Totally humbled.
 
And now...Totally over it!
 
I have no idea what this means for me.  I have no idea what this means for this site.  I have no idea what this means for this farm, or that annoying little tag line.  It's not bothering me as much today, but it is by no means safe.  Nothing is safe.  In the absence of a plan, it all gets stripped down to its simplest form.
 
I'm not complaining about rain in May any longer.  Over it.  Check back and I will tell you some funny stories about things that happened in all that MUD!
 
Yes.  It gets funnier!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Love the simplicity! I'll bet it feels good! I remember when I did my first big blog overhaul and I was crazy nervous and thought I was taking out so much but it was really just junk. When I did my next 'big clean' it was a little easier and I love it even more now. I still look at it sometimes and think: too much...but whatever, it's mine...I'll clunk it up or tone it back as the mood strikes...that's kind of the fun of it.

    For the record, I've always really loved your tag. It says a whole lot with very little. It's thought provoking. I'm not saying don't change it if you need a change - I totally get that!

    And thanks for the shout out - I'm glad my post spoke to you :)

    ReplyDelete