Monday, May 12, 2014

How Much Can You Trust YouTube?

I previously shared a delivery from my UPS guy.  He was very careful and concerned about this delivery, and it sparked an entire conversation right in the middle of my driveway.


This package contained two complete orders of honey bees.  An order for "packaged" bees contains approximately three pounds of bees plus one queen bee.

Once I had signed off on my delivery, my delivery guy shot off a list of questions...


  • Do you have honey bees?
  • How many hives do you have?
  • Is there a queen bee inside here?
  • How do you get them out of here?
  • Have you ever been stung?
  • Do you wear a suit?
  • Do you have honey?
  • Do you react to bee stings?
  • How many times have you been stung?
  • How do you get the queen out?

It really was a funny conversation with a guy that normally throws things on the porch, rings the bell, and is usually speeding out of the driveway by the time you open the door.  

I did my best to answer most of his questions, but when it came to the questions that pertained to this delivery, I was sort of at a loss.  For one thing, I have never ordered "packaged" bees before.  I was hoping that there would be some sort of instructions that came with the package, but as you can see...not so much.  

After he left, I did what most people would do in an instance like this, I logged on to YouTube.


After watching this video, I grabbed all my stuff, loaded my truck because I was setting these bees up at a different location, and drove on down the road.  While making the short trip, I had to stop and think about what I was doing.

When did my life become watching a YouTube video, loading up my crap, and doing what some guy said to do?

What's happened to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment