I say - just fill the damn thing up yourself.
As some of you know, I reside in Texas. Texas is awesome. You either love it or hate it. I love it. The thing about Texas is the weather. Yesterday - high 70's. Today - 70's. Tomorrow - mid 30's with freezing rain. Then it just goes downhill from there. Possible ice in the 20's.
Not that I am complaining.
I am not a fan of ice, but I can live through it. I am not afraid of the cold. I am actually looking forward to it and have already relished it a few times this year. It does, however, create an extra list of things to do.
- Feed Bees - if needed. I did this yesterday and they were not very nice. Apparently they get a little more territorial in the winter months.
- Extra bedding in the horse stalls.
- Extra bedding in the chicken barn.
- Top off all feeds - just in case.
- Bring extra hay in the barn.
- Clean and fill all water in chicken barn.
- Clean and fill the water tank. I will shut down the water to the barns while it is below freezing. Then I will use the tank to refill water as needed.
- Find the ax. (Sometimes the water tank freezes over and you have to chop through the ice.)
- Protect all outside faucets.
- Stock up on extra heat lamp bulbs for the girls.
This is just off the top of my head.
I am sure I will add a few other things.
I always do.
I still have my regular crap to do.
I better get busy.
Good thing I am in a good mood today.