Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hump Day!

I've never been so glad to see a Wednesday in all my life.  I think I may have a grip on things today.  I am certainly in a better mood.  Not that there have been significant changes in my world.  I am just viewing it a little more realistically.  You know, glass half full or half empty

I say - just fill the damn thing up yourself.

As some of you know, I reside in Texas.  Texas is awesome.  You either love it or hate it.  I love it.  The thing about Texas is the weather.  Yesterday - high 70's.  Today - 70's.  Tomorrow - mid 30's with freezing rain.  Then it just goes downhill from there.  Possible ice in the 20's.

Not that I am complaining.

I am not a fan of ice, but I can live through it.  I am not afraid of the cold.  I am actually looking forward to it and have already relished it a few times this year.  It does, however, create an extra list of things to do.

  1. Feed Bees - if needed.  I did this yesterday and they were not very nice.  Apparently they get a little more territorial in the winter months.
  2. Extra bedding in the horse stalls.
  3. Extra bedding in the chicken barn.
  4. Top off all feeds - just in case.
  5. Bring extra hay in the barn.
  6. Clean and fill all water in chicken barn.
  7. Clean and fill the water tank.  I will shut down the water to the barns while it is below freezing.  Then I will use the tank to refill water as needed.
  8. Find the ax.  (Sometimes the water tank freezes over and you have to chop through the ice.)
  9. Protect all outside faucets.
  10. Stock up on extra heat lamp bulbs for the girls.

This is just off the top of my head. 
I am sure I will add a few other things. 
I always do. 
I still have my regular crap to do. 
I  better get busy. 
Good thing I am in a good mood today.

Hi-ho!  Hi-ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment