Monday, October 28, 2013

It's almost over.

The month is on its way out. 

What the heck happened?

This is just the way my life goes.  I usually do not like it.  It can make me really frustrated at times.
Over and over.  This is how it goes.  I started the month of October with a list of challenges. 

I failed every single one of them. 

The funny thing. 

I am not really bothered by it. 

  • Blog every day of the month.
Have I missed a few days?  You bet.
Have I blogged more in the last two months than I have all year?  You bet your butt I have!

Check this in the WIN column.

  • 30-Day Sexy Butt challenge.
Have I stopped dead in the middle?  You bet.
Have I worked my gluts more in the last few weeks than I have all year?  Your damn right I have!

Check this in the WIN column.

  • The Whole30.
Have I adhered to the strict rules and regulations of this eating program?  No.
Have I cleaned up my diet tremendously?  You bet.
Have I proven to myself that I can be a big girl and drink my coffee black?  Heck Yeah!

Check this in the WIN column TWICE.

Seriously. 

I never thought I would be big enough to drink my coffee black.

Why am I doing a recap on the month and it's not even over yet?  I know I have fallen off the wagon.  I mean, let's be frank.  I took a dive off the wagon.  Okay, maybe it was more like a swan dive?  If we really want to be serious, I didn't take a dive.  I jumped.  Then promptly burned the wagon to the ground.  Normally, I would be beating myself up at this point.  I would be lecturing myself on being an idiot and signing up for too many things.  Who does that?  No one can do that many challenges.  I am not Super Woman!

Not really feeling any of that.

I learned a lot of things about myself this month.  I have also learned a lot of things about my body this month.  I have learned what fuel makes me feel good, and what fuel zaps the heck out of me.  I have also learned that I can run.  More importantly, I can run for more than a few minutes without being chased by something.  I also learned that I am an idiot to some degree.  You see, I ran for an entire week.  Then, I stopped for an entire week.  I am lacing up my running shoes right now.  It is going to be like starting all over again.

Stupid.

I am a lot of things.  I like being a lot of things.  In my opinion, if you are a lot of things and you like doing a lot of different things, then life should never be boring.  On any given day, there should be something on your To Do list that interests you.  Right?

  • Blogging
I like blogging.  I like talking to you.  I like sharing informational things with you.  I like just rambling sometimes.  As long as you are logging on and reading, I will be blogging.

  • Butts
I have one.  I am not really that vane about it, but since I have it, I would like to make the most of it.  I contemplated picking up on my butt challenge where I left off, but my Full-Timer expressed the benefits of starting slowly.  I argued with her.  Now that I have thought about it, I think I agree with her.  Plus, I read an article about butts on ESPN that totally changed my perspective.  You might want to check it out.  It is the one thing in sports that is not being talked about publicly.  (Link HERE.)

  • Whole30
The book It Starts with Food has taught me a lot about food.  It has also taught me a lot about myself.  Technically my 30 days ends on the 30th of this month.  I have not been 100% compliant on this adventure.  I am going to stick with it.  I know the holidays are coming, and I know I am going to eat some awesome food on Thanksgiving.  I can start now, and just barely squeeze in a real 30 days by the 28th of November - Turkey Day.

Hook.

Are you there?

I know you are.

You better start getting ready now.

Full-timer is already starting to drool over the menu.

I expect you two to have your usual competition.

Who can eat the most?

Who falls asleep first?

No comments:

Post a Comment