Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No worries...

Just wanted to fill you in on a few things.  I know we are at the beginning of the September Challenge, but there are others things to talk about out here, and it would be rude to leave you hanging.

1.  I am okay.  I have not been at the top of my game, but I am not down and out.  I don't want you worrying about me.  Not everyone can be happy all the time, and I believe if they act like they are, they are really fake, but we won't get into that.  Still climbing out of my hole.  I hate holes.

2.  I spoke of another horse scare.  I swear, this mare is trying to kill me.  I have been through so much with that horse in the last two years, and she should have been dead, but she is one tough cookie.  Sunday before last, I ran to the barn to throw some hay, and then I was on my way to go get myself a cheeseburger.  You know, because I am in the cheeseburger phase of my funk.  When I got to the barn, my mare was lame.  I don't mean, lame - like "loser!"  I mean, crap - she can't walk.  I won't bore all of you with all the details again because this horse has a history.  If you are new to the site, you can catch up on her story by clicking the links below.

Sorry.

Update on Update

Pigeon Fever

Pigeon Fever continued.

What's worse than pigeon fever?

After searching, and posting all of those links above, I am still shocked that we have made it.  She has quite a story, and having been through all that we have been through, my first reaction is always -

This is it!

I ran back to the house and grabbed the Man in Charge, we gave her the once over and decided to call the vet.  On a Sunday, you are looking at all sorts of added charges if you want to see your vet in your barn.  Hey - It's only money, right?  Three hours later, I found out that she had an abscess in her front hoof, and with a new bandage, a little pain medicine, and a round of antibiotics - she should be fine.

As I sank down in the corner of the stall, waiting for the vet to come back and bandage her hoof, we had a moment.  I explained to her that she was going to have to stop giving me a heart-attack.  I also speculated that she may be developing a vet habit.  It seems like she requires a visit about every quarter.  He's a great guy, but enough is enough.  A bill always follows him in the mail.

But really?

Enough already!

This is not helping my attitude - at all!

Well, not exactly true.  When it was all over, I was done with the cheeseburger idea.  Totally lost my appetite and worked out instead.  This motivation is a little on the expensive side, but I guess I will take what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment