Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I have to see this movie...

Just received an email from my bee instructor telling about a new bee documentary, More Than Honey.

Of course, I had to Google it.

That led to YouTube.

That led to this...


Those drones are motivated, huh?

I know I can convince the Man in Charge to start breeding queens if I tell him we get to smoke cigars.

Was I the only one to notice that those ladies were working bees in civilian clothes?

On a serious note, the following statistics are staggering:

Over the past 15 years, the world's population of bees has been decimated.

More than 50% of the bee population in the U.S. has disappeared.

To put this in perspective, 80% of the plants species need bees for pollination.

Bees are responsible for one third of our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment