Saturday, March 16, 2013

Thumper

Ever mentioned that I have a rabbit?

She is crazy and mean.  She thumps her back foot on the bottom of her cage and scares the dogs.  It makes a really loud noise, and I can not find any particular reason for her to do it, other than she enjoys it.  Most rabbits make the thumping sound as a warning to other rabbits.  I have never been sure why she does.

The real thing is that she does it at all times of the day or night.  When it happens, my three 50+ pound dogs, run for the hills.  I usually find them trembling in a corner and you can't pay them to come out.  Sort of funny, but not really.  On a day like today, not funny.  It started at 4:00 am.  The first thing that woke me, the thumping.  The second thing that prevented me from going back to sleep, the pit-bull under the bed panting.

Seriously.

I did what any sane person would do, I waited to see if it would stop.  It didn't.  The more she thumped, the more Flower freaked out.  Finally, I got up.  I turned the bath room light on and tried to calm the dog down.

Not happening.  

I was trying to be quiet.

Not working.

I woke up the Man in Charge.  He wanted to know why I was up?

Really?  

He hadn't heard a thing.  Then, I went and checked on the rabbit.  There was nothing after her as far as I could tell.  She had made a mess of her cage and spilled hay all over the place, but that is not unusual.  I topped off all her food, and walked away.

The next question is, "What do I do now?"

Before I could really begin the argument with myself regarding the pro's and con's of staying up or going back to bed...it started all over again.

I just made the coffee.

I give.

No comments:

Post a Comment