Saturday, October 6, 2012

Some of us can find good in anything.

Ever know someone that always finds the good in things?  They are always upbeat and positive.  Not once do they have a bad day.  When you see them, there is always a smile on their face.  You never hear them utter a bad word about anything.  If they are not staying on top of their own world, they are doing a good deed in someone else's.  All to the point that they are kind of annoying?   

 I mean, really?

Who can be that happy all of the time?  I know you are all thinking of someone in particular at this very moment.

I'll give you a minute.

Then there are those that are always looking for the angle.  They see a situation, and they begin to evaluate it.

How can I make this work for me?

They usually do this while trying to maintain the appearance of sincerity and concern.  They don't want you to think for a moment that they have any underhanded intentions.  Some may be gullible enough to fall for this crap, but I rarely do.  I am pretty good at reading people.  Curse or Blessing, you decide?  This has been Kid's outlook on the coyote attack.

Why?

He has been staying in the house at night.  He has expanded his territory from just a half bath, to the entire laundry/mud room.  He has his own bed in there.  Sometimes he sleeps on his bed.  Sometimes he sleeps on Flower's bed.  Sometimes he sleeps on the rug Flower uses to wait for her dinner.  He is taking over.  He runs out in the morning to go to the barn for breakfast.  This gives me time to feed the dogs.  Then he comes back up to the house.  Not just to hang around and see if I will take pity on him, but to stand outside the door crying at the top of his lungs.

Dogs be damned!

There is a coyote out here somewhere!

I need to take my nap inside!

I am sure the chickens hate him right now.  He is totally taking advantage of their tragedy.




No comments:

Post a Comment