Friday, March 4, 2011

Is It Spring?

You have to love Texas weather.  I don't care who you are or where you are from, it is awesome to feel 70 to 80 degree days in February and March.  Especially after we actually had a real arctic winter.  Well, at least for a couple of weeks we had a real arctic winter. 

It is Texas.

As much as I still have to do...

The endless list of projects...

The lists to keep up with the lists...

I am so ready for it to be spring.

Frankly, I am tired of brown.  I need to see some green here.  Soon!


Blaze would like a little green.  She looks a little sad in this picture.

"Where is the green grass?"

That is actually not true.  She is happily munching on some hay that I gave her for lunch. 

Funny, if you look close you can see the bird house on the fence post that Kid destroyed.  One more thing to add to the the list of things that need to be done. 

You can read more about his destructive behavior here.


Flower found a little bit of green, but she would like to find a little more.

In my desperate need for Spring, I did plant a few fruit trees.  As much as I looked forward to that little adventure it had its own drawbacks.
 
Each and every one of them started out looking like this Kieffer Pear - brown and bare.


Then something interesting happened. 

In less than a week of being in the ground, my Santa Rosa Plum did this...


I have a Red Delicious Apple that has done the same thing, and there is a Turkey Fig tree out there that is thinking about blooming very seriously.  The Pear tree is still not interested and the other tree, a Jonathon Apple tree, isn't ready to give it a go yet either. 

I can not convey to you just how excited I was to see green. 

The bad news is that we will have a freeze tomorrow night.  I will be running around in a North Wind on Saturday afternoon trying to get these things wrapped and protected.  I feel confident that I can get them protected but...

this is just another thing to add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment