Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Lists, New Things to do

I realized that I didn't wish you a Merry Christmas or a Happy New Year. 

Merry Christmas! 

Happy New Year!

I do hope that all of you enjoyed both and I hope that all of you are looking forward to this New Year as much as I am.  It may be a little sad to admit, but I don't really think that I have felt this way in a long time.  I usually look at the New Year as another list of things to make it through.  I don't want anyone to take that in a negative way.  I love my life.  I have loved my life for a long time now, but I have also just felt like I am knocking out some tasks that are of utmost importance, and after, or, when I grow up, I get to decide what I want to be. 

My kids are going to be like, "Oh, great!  We have been reduced to tasks now!" 

They have been the most fulfilling tasks that I have ever had the pleasure of writing on my list.  I will feel a little sad when they are finally accomplished, but I also know that it will open a whole new world for me.  This year signifies a step closer to that time.  With each month that passes, I am getting closer.

In the last hour I have made one of the most excruciatingly long lists of my life, and that is just for the first few weeks of this year, and I am looking forward to the next list that I get to make.  What is even more exciting is that I actually am not feeling overwhelmed by this list.  This is a list that I have made before, and most of it has to do with some remodeling that needs to be done, a lot of organization, and basically just stream-lining the way that some things are done around here.  I don't feel as overwhelmed or as unmotivated as I usually would for the simple fact that I know these things need to be done, and they need to be done now, because before you know it, this farm will be a full-time commitment.  I have a few months to get things organized in the house and in the barns, and get to work on prepping for the growing season.

You should know that I am addicted to list making.  Sometimes... I make lists to keep up with all my lists.  I have been known to lose lists, forget lists, but there isn't a day that goes by that I am not in some way linked to a list. 

I also have an affliction for stacking.  I can't help it.  I am a stacker.  I do have some ideas for organizing my stacks.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am in no way going to abolish the stacks - that would be impossible and not even remotely achievable.  However, I am going to make appropriate places for stacking, so that it doesn't become such an eyesore, and so that it is easier to go through and organize when time permits. 

The older I get, the more I try to be realistic. 

It is about time that I admit I am not fooling myself.

Here is to the New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment