Friday, August 6, 2010

The Ugly Beginning



This picture was taken in the fall of 2009.  Why would I take this picture?

You are looking at some of the hardest ground in North Texas.  There is basically no nutritional value for plant growth.  It won't even grow decent grass.  If you look closely this is well manicured weeds for the most part.


Every gardening book in the world will tell you that you must start with a soil test. 

When you start with ground like this...almost anything is an improvement. 

I still haven't done any testing.

I had managed to drive some stakes in the ground (without hurting myself or my hands), and I have an area roped off.  Unfortunately you will jump right into plants from here.  I did not take pictures of the in between stages. 

At the time, I didn't know that I would be doing this blog thing.  That would have been helpful.  I would have planned for things.  You would have seen the tilling, the planting of a winter cover crop of Hairy Vetch, and planting of vegetable transplants.  You would have seen them grow up a little. 

Unfortunately - I have to go.  I will write more later.

To be cont...

No comments:

Post a Comment